申请人需要具备通用编程语言的知识： * Java（或 C++），推荐 C * 虽然 Python 很流行，但学校依然希望申请人同时具备上述通用编程语言的知识。
Write candidly about why you want to pursue in computer science and informatics, what kind of questions you have worked on in the past, what you intend to focus on in your studies and how you plan to use the research experience in your longer-term plan.
· A brief intellectual autobiography describing your academic interests and how they developed.
· The special area of interest or particular problems, theories, movements, periods, etc., upon which your study would focus.
· A description of tentative plans for research, either specific problems or general areas in which you hope to work.
· A description of your research experience, including your role and the extent to which you were independently involved in the research.
· An explanation of how your past experience, academic training or research experience has prepared you to pursue graduate work in your area of interest.
resume or CV should highlight relevant experience. You may wish to include:
· academic awards and honors, including honors projects · independent research experiences · publications and presentations · volunteer and extra-curricular experience · internships and work experience · membership in professional and academic organizations
需要提交 GRE 成绩
CS 526: Algorithms
CS 534: Machine Learning
CS 551: Systems Programming
CS 554: Database Systems
CS 557: Artificial Intelligence
CS 562: Advanced Computer Systems
CS 563: Digital Image Processing
CS 570: Data Mining
CS 571: Natural Language Processing
CS 572: Information Retrieval
CS 573: Data Privacy and Security
BIOS 506: Statistical Methods
BIOS 510: Probability Theory
An acceptable masters thesis and oral defense (9 credit hours).
Completion of one approved elective course, and a faculty supervised project, formally taken by registering for CS598 (for up to 6 credit hours). The project may be external as long as it is approved and co-advised by the faculty advisor. The project result may be in the form of a report or documented software. Satisfactory completion of the project requires approval by the faculty advisor.
Completion of 9 additional electives hours. Courses outside the department (e.g., from the sciences, schools of medicine and public health, or the business schools) may be taken if they coincide with the degree objective of the student. Approval of electives will be by the Computer Science Committee.